The goal of the Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Program is to make the experience of purchasing a pre-owned Subaru as pleasurable and worry-free as possible. With this in mind, we are pleased to offer Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle customers a one-time, 10-day/1,000-km Exchange Privilege. Whether you want to have your preferred pre-owned vehicle in a different colour or you want to move to a different Subaru model entirely, this offer helps ensure our customers receive the vehicle they want.
All Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles, unless otherwise indicated, are eligible for the Exchange Privilege if exchanged with the selling Subaru Dealer within the first 10 calendar days or the first 1,000-km, whichever comes first, of the date of purchase.
The initial Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle purchaser or retail lessee may exchange the eligible vehicle for another Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle of equal or lesser value and receive credit for the difference, if the purchase price of the exchanged vehicle is less than the agreed upon exchange value of the vehicle being returned. If the purchase price of the replacement vehicle is more than the agreed upon value of the vehicle being returned, the purchaser will pay the difference.
The vehicle must still be owned or leased by the original Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle retail purchaser or lessee and must be returned to the selling Subaru dealer in the same condition it was delivered to the customer, without damage or excessive wear and tear. An agreed upon ‘exchange value’ will be included on your Subaru Certified Limited Warranty Form.
Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle customers are not eligible for the Exchange Privilege if:
- The vehicle was a fleet purchase or a fleet lease
- The vehicle was used for delivery, daily rental, hearse, limousine, taxi, snowplow or delivery services
- The customer has previously exchanged a vehicle under the Subaru Certified Exchange Privilege within a period of 12 months commencing on the exchange date of the returned vehicle
- The vehicle had after-market accessories installed (e.g. radio, alarm system, etc.), unless the installation was performed by or sublet by the selling Subaru Certified dealer
- The vehicle was structurally modified such that it would be ineligible to be certified as a Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle.
Any Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle exchanged under the Subaru Certified Exchange Privilege will be inspected by the Subaru Certified dealer for damage and excessive wear and tear. If non-warranty repairs equal to or greater than $300 have been performed or are necessary, the vehicle is not eligible to be returned. If non-warranty repairs of less than $300 have been performed or are necessary, the cost of the repair will be deducted from the credit amount of the returned vehicle.